In some days there will be the second leg of the semifinal between Barça and Real Madrid. They will be playing in Camp Nou, the FC Barcelona Stadium.
The other day I realized that THE TIMES had about three or four pages about the last match between Barça and Madrid.
The stakes are quite high now and as you may know the last match in Bernabéu brought a lot of controversy.
I write about this next match not because I like to write about football but because football it is so important nowdays that the image of Madrid and Barcelona worldwide can be influenced by these matches.
So, I just hope that in this next match both parts behave correctly and that nothing serious happens inside and outside the field.
Anyway, if you happen to be in the city that wins the semifinal I hope you enjoy the celebrations. I only know the ones in Barcelona and I can assure you they are crazy. Thousands and thousands of different people take the center of Barcelona. It is a very unique experience and even if you are not a fan of football or Barça is not difficult to feel touched by such a celebration. I have been able to live some and it is one of the most unique experiences I have had in Barcelona. You are surrounded by so many people. By people full of energy and happiness. What a feeling!
Mourinho, Real Madrid and Barça all represent different parts of the same peninsula so I just hope that all three they give the best image of this shared Iberia. Portuguese, Castilian, Catalan souls of next match should unite in giving a nice game to the world.
May 1st: I have found an article at THE GUARDIAN about Madrid and Barcelona and the football teams: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/01/madrid-barcelona-cultural-rivals
- Barca board to discuss action against Mourinho (usatoday.com)
- Real return Barca complaint (footballfancast.com)
- Barca contemplate action after Jose Mourinho outburst (vietphuongnguyen.wordpress.com)
- Barca legal team to study Mourinho rant (footballfancast.com)
- Ronaldo joins Jose in Barca blast (best-football-players.com)
- Real accuse Barcelona (skysports.com)
- Mourinho turns fury on UEFA, referee, Guardiola (usatoday.com)
- Mourinho ‘disgusted’ after defeat (mirror.co.uk)
- Ref got Pepe red right, says Xavi (footballfancast.com)
- Manchester United: Why Reds Will Want Real Madrid in the Champions League Final (bleacherreport.com)
- Real Madrid – Fc Barcelona News Briefs Rumours | Warming Up the Champions League Semis (spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com)
- The milkmaid’s tale of an amazing football club named Barcelona (fromzizousdesk.wordpress.com)
- Champions League 1º Leg Semi Final Result | Real Madrid 0 Fc Barcelona 2 (spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com)
- 2011 UEFA Semi Final Barca vs Real live streaming online football match in UEFA Champions League (oleole.com)