These last hours have been very special because after the killing of Osama Bin Laden it is easy to suspect that Al-Qaeda may react with revenge. All the world knows that and in New York the security on the subway has ben increased.
Here in Catalonia the news are not very good. I just have read that Felip Puig, the Conseller d’Interior, has said that the threat in Barcelona and Catalonia is a bit greater than in other parts of Europe.
It is obvious that the last thing that a government will do is to say such words if it was not because there are reasons to be worried.
If you add this comment of Felip Puig to the fact that tomorrow there is a semi-final Champions League match in Barcelona between Barça and Real Madrid this makes me believe that Police in Barcelona must be in a very unusual high alert!
If Barcelona wins and goes to the final in Wembley this will mean that a big party will happen in the center of Barcelona. I find that it is crazy this to let it happen after the death of Osama Bin Laden. At the same time if you ban the celebrations you are also giving a message of fear.
So I do not know what will happen.
I just think that tomorrow La Rambla and Canaletes can be a very wonderful place to be but at the same time a place I wouldn’t go.
I was there once Barcelona won a Champions League. It was very nice with lots of happy people. But now with Osama Bin Laden killed I just think that it would be wise to act catiously.
I am very much afraid that tomorrow can be a very dreadful day for Barcelona City and I would like the police could do something in advance. Everything says to me that too much trouble is heading to Barcelona: the tension between Barcelona and Real Madrid, a Champions League semifinal, crowds of people, a city that has been threatened other times and just the recent killing of Osama Bin Laden.
- Scrapbooking Osama Bin Laden’s death (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- Goodbye Osama Bin Laden – You will not be missed (christopherjudson.wordpress.com)
- (Video) Corbett: ‘Osama Bin Laden a CIA asset’ (politicore.wordpress.com)
- Is Osama Bin Laden REALLY Dead? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- The Death Of Osama Bin Laden (injesus.wordpress.com)
- Osama Bin Laden’s Death: Newspaper Front Pages Tell the Story [PICS] (mashable.com)
- Reactions To Osama Bin Laden Assassination (sfist.com)
- Osama bin Laden Headlines (thedailybeast.com)
- Why that photo of a dead Osama bin Laden is a photoshopped fake (promoteliberty.wordpress.com)
- The Proper Christian Response to the Death of Osama Bin Laden (stopplayingchurch.com)
- How Should Christians Think about the Death of Osama bin Laden? (thegospelcoalition.org)
- Follow live tweets about death of Osama bin Laden (pennlive.com)
- State, Local Leaders on the Death of Osama Bin Laden (laist.com)
- Candlelight Vigil To Be Held For 9/11 Families At Eisenhower Park Following Death Of Osama Bin Laden (via CBS New York) (thespiritportal.wordpress.com)
- Nick Clegg’s statement on the death of Osama Bin Laden (libdemvoice.org)
- Candlelight Vigil To Be Held For 9/11 Families At Eisenhower Park Following Death Of Osama Bin Laden (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Fireworks At Burien’s Three Tree Point Celebrate Death Of Osama Bin Laden (b-townblog.com)
- September 11th Vs Onze De Setembre (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- Osama bin Laden Has Been Killed; President Obama Announces Osama bin Laden has be Killed (sugarslam.com)