As this blog is called THEN HOTEL EUROPE or T.H.E. I feel that an European event such as Eurovision cannot be left out of this blog.
When you watch Eurovision you may have the feeling that you hear a lot of languages but this is not always the case. The Catalan language can be sometimes heard thanks to Andorra. Spain has never sent a song in Catalan. There was a time when a singer called Joan Manuel Serrat wanted to sing in Catalan but he was not allowed.
Some dacades ago, we the Europeans we were only united to fight wars between us. Now, decades later we are just united to bear other songs. So, even if some of the songs tonight may be a atack to our ears, they are just soft music in comparison to the European sounds of war that our continent suffer from centuries. Only for that reason I think that Eurovision deserves all our love. As long as we sing together, together we sing!
By, the way, I have read that France sends its song in Corsican. Let’s hope that Spain takes notice of this.
Love to all the Eurovision fans from around the world!
UNITED KINGDOM. “I CAN” by BLUE:
FRANCE. “SOGNU” by AMAURY VASSILI:
The lyrics of SOGNU:
Di sta voce chjara è pura
Mai spentu ricordu di tè
Quella notte cui cun tèSognu, mi lamentu
U moi core, ‘n hà primura
Di a vita aspettu dumane
Invinuchjatu, guardu u mare
Spart’u mondu cun tè
Ma tu, ti ne vogli’andà
Luntanu da tè, pensu sempre che
Sei intornu a mè, sognu di tè
Canteraghju, canteraghju a tè
A canzona l’o i mé
Piengu è so male
Pregu u celu fin’a more
Cui dai monti, guidi front’ a tè
Per svegliammi da stu sognu
Sè tu mori, eu diné
- Eurovision cheers down-in-the-dumps Europe (lookatvietnam.com)
- I’m singing Eurovision for Manchester, says Blue star Simon Webbe (menmedia.co.uk)
- “Cheryl Baker has admitted that she is backing Jedward to win the Eurovision Song Contest tonight.” and related posts (unrealitytv.co.uk)
- Eurovision: Will Jedward Be Left Feeling Blue? (news.sky.com)
- Blue have work to do to buck Eurovision voting trend (guardian.co.uk)
- French, Irish Singers on the Rise at Eurovision (abcnews.go.com)
- Eurovision 2011: how to find out who will win – plus the winners list and full voting history (guardian.co.uk)
- “Jedward get through to Eurovision song contest: We look at the ten most memorable acts” and related posts (tvscoop.tv)
- Britain’s rocky Eurovision relationship is rekindled by unlikely boyband battle (guardian.co.uk)
- Jedward win Eurovision final spot (bbc.co.uk)