Hello Europe! Hello from Barcelona!
It is some minutes that the Eurovision Song Contest has ended. It has been quite strange because it was not clear which country was going to win and in fact Azerbaijan has been a big surprise! I thought that the winners were going to be Moldavia, Germany or Ireland. The Irish stage was fascinating. I also payed attention to Hungary, Finland and Italy.
The truth is that it is a very hard contest! Some countries vote other countries for very “obvious reasons” so even if your song is good that is not enough. Although some years ago Norway took so many votes from all Europe.
Another thing to take into account is that the voices sound different in the final than in other places! For example, the French and British songs sounded quite good in videoclips to me but on this final in Düsseldorf sounded not so good. This is sad because some groups may have lost votes just because here they sounded different. And I do not know why they sounded different. I have watched videos of Blue and they sounded so good but here in the final the voices quite not be so well heard.
I was extremely happy for the return of Italy and I got crazy when I noticed that the votes of Italy were given by one of the most wonderful living creatures on Earth: Rafaella Carra!
My congratulations to Azerbaijan! Next year Eurovision is going to take place next to the Caspian Sea. At a few hundred kilometers from Teheran!
I do not know if this is the first time that Eurovision takes place so far from the center of Europe. I find this very wonderful and interesting!
I leave you with some of my favourite songs:
As this post is receiving so many visits I have decided to put even a poll!:
Related articles (before show!):
- Eurovision Blues (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- Eurovision 2011: how to find out who will win – plus the winners list and full voting history (guardian.co.uk)
- Britain’s rocky Eurovision relationship is rekindled by unlikely boyband battle (guardian.co.uk)
- EUROVISION Semi Finals 2, May 12, 2011 (interalex1.wordpress.com)
- French, Irish Singers on the Rise at Eurovision (abcnews.go.com)
- The conversation: Eurovision, treat or travesty? (guardian.co.uk)
- Israel Out of Eurovision 2011 Finals (israelnationalnews.com)
- Eurovision: A super fan writes … (guardian.co.uk)
- “Cheryl Baker has admitted that she is backing Jedward to win the Eurovision Song Contest tonight.” and related posts (unrealitytv.co.uk)
- Jedward Brings The Lipstick To Eurovision! (perezhilton.com)