Since the protests began in this part of Continental Europe I have heard that there have been protests in front of Spanish embassy too.
At the same time I know that the Catalan public tv channel, TV3, will be broadcasting aslo from London, even in the morning (it seems that austerity has not reached this programme even if in this programme they are always talking about austerity!)
I think that this Saturday is a good time to protest in London, always abiding, of course, to the English laws.
I am thinking about all the people in London that do not like what happened yesterday in Barcelona with the awful clashes with the police. Even some fans from Barça who are in London maybe angry with the events in Plaça Catalunya.
As far as I know, the Barça is not having any sign of support for protesters in Barcelona but maybe the fans in Wembley could do that!
Who knows, maybe we see in Wembley some little banner in support of the protesters! I imagine that in Wembley we will find the wealthy part of Catalonia (the ones related to #acampadapedralbes …) but I am sure that some of them are supporting the protesters in Plaça Catalunya.
I put all my hopes tomorrow in London.
- Spanish police clash with protesters, many hurt (sfgate.com)
- Champions League Final Pre-match | Possible Fc Barcelona Starting 11 Against Manchester United. (spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com)
- Barcelona vs Manchester Utd live stream free online tv coverage May-28 Champions League Final (11sports.wordpress.com)
- Team Photos 2011 | Champions League | Manchester United – Fc Barcelona (spanishfootballsports.blogspot.com)
- Spanish police clash with protesters, 121 hurt (seattlepi.com)
- The UEFA Champions League Final Returns To The Freshly Renovated Wembley Stadium (businessinsider.com)
- Spanish youth demonstrations turn violent as police fire rubber bullets at protesters in Barcelona (telegraph.co.uk)