In Catalan we say ANY for YEAR. So ANY 10 would mean something like 10th year. I have chosen this name for this post because it is 10 years since the attack to the twin towers and I like to use the Catalan word ANY instead of YEAR because the word ANY contains NY …
So it is 10 years since the attack and in Catalonia it is also a bank holiday as it happened on that tragic day. September 11th, Onze de Setembre, is also a very special day for Catalonia. And it goes back to 1714.
Anyway, it is 10 years since that tragic day and I wanted to show, as I did 10 years ago, my support to the US people. It is obvious that the US is not a perfect country (I’m thinking about torture and Guantánamo) but just looking at other countries like China or Russia I feel quite happy of the existence of this old democracy.
- 9/11 anniversary: New York falls silent 10 years on (mirror.co.uk)
- Remembering the day that changed world (rt.com)
- Lady GaGa Describes Her 9/11 Experiences (perezhilton.com)
- How 9/11 began the decline in our democracy (cnn.com)
- 9/11 Charities: How You Can Help (huffingtonpost.com)
- September 11 Quotes: What Politicians Remember About Tragic Day (huffingtonpost.com)