These last hours in a BBC programme called Newsnight a “gentleman” called Peter Oborne showed his manners by calling a EU spokesman as the idiot in Brussels. Quite astonishingly, the “gentleman” from the BBC, whose name I don’t know, not only did not asked to Peter Oborne for basic respect between humans but just laughed as he used too the words of “idiot in Brussels”.
As I remember that the BBC, my favourite channel, has produced some of the best comedies I have ever seen on TV I wonder if what we saw was not just the beginning of a new comedy called THE IDIOTS. The only doubt I have is whether the BBC comedy would take place in Brussels or in London. Or just in both.
- ‘That idiot in Brussels’ (theage.com.au)
- Newsnight – “this idiot in Brussels” – commissioner storms off (politics.ie)
- Newsnight: Oborne Calls Guilty Men “Idiots” Eurocrat Storms Off, Ex-FT Editor CBI Director Lambert Livid (order-order.com)
- Euro crisis: Peter Oborne vs Sir Richard Lambert and ‘the idiot in Brussels’ (blogs.telegraph.co.uk)
- British Euroscepticism enjoys a cheap night out (economist.com)
- The idiot in Brussels (jonworth.eu)
- Oborne Has Guilty €urophiles Squirming (order-order.com)