In this post I will try to put a list of cities around the world where there are protests against the power of the finance system. I will try to put also some link to news related to the protests and also I will try to add some videos. Currently I have read about protests in Asia (Tokyo), Rome, Berlin and London.
For one moment I have realised that maybe we are at the start of a global democratic world. I say that because if the protests continue during months I cannot imagine that people from, for example, Beijing, Moscow or Teheran don’t join a global protest.
Internet is bringing us closer as a species.
Anyway, I will put the list this evening central European time … and this is a website made in Catalonia I will write tto about what happens in Barcelona.
I NEVER THOUGHT THAT I WOULD LIVE A TIME WHERE THE FRENCH REVOLUTION WOULD BE JUST A START. CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE PEOPLE PROTESTING AROUND THE WORLD!
(It is not possible we live in a way that our lives, our future, are not controlled by ourselves. In fact, now we are not even controlled by some evil human. We are just slaves of a system! We are slaves of a kind of abstraction called the Financial World. This must be stopped. It is not good for us)
Hello! It is Sunday morning. Instead of putting here a cold list of cities I just would mention some of the cities mention in different media.
IN TV3 (CATALAN TV) NEWS:
Rome (there were incidents)
Frankfurt (close to ECB)
London (where Julian Assange appeared as a surprise. Close to Stock Exchange)
New York (images of Times Square)
Athens (it seems not so many people maybe because they are tired to protest so often because of the situation there)
Madrid (the Puerta del Sol full again)
And in Catalonia:
Tarragona (about 10000 people!. The same day that it was known that Tarragona will host the Mediterranean Games 2017)
It was one of the first news. They mentioned it was a global action. They talk with a protester from Madrid too.
One weird strange thing is that newspapers from Barcelona, for example, see all this as a globalisation of the protests born in Madrid in Barcelona. In other media, like THE GUARDIAN, they see this as a spread of OCCUPY WALL STREET. I just have a feeling that it is a mix full of feedbacks!: Without Tahrir Square maybe there had not been Puerta del Sol. Without Puerta del Sol maybe not Occupy Wall Street. And now I think we are just seeing a two way reaction!
At THE GUARDIAN one can read:
In the above link one can see an image from an old European Square (Puerta del Sol in Madrid) and the futuristic square of Times Square in New York. One could say that the ones speaking the languages of Shakespeare and Cervantes were very related to this global protest. Who knows, maybe in the next months we begin to see similar protests in Brazil, Mexico and Argentina.
By the way others cities to be mention are, for example, Hong Kong, Berlin and Sydney.
It is know that humankind comes from Africa. It seems that people from Africa spread afterwards around the world. The Arab spring was also born in Africa (Tunisia, Egypt) and afterwards spread to Europe and now the protest is a global one. What happen a lng time ago is happening again.
In http://www.spiegel.de/video/video-1155470.html there is a video and they mention too Manila in the Philippines. Other cites I have read about are Lisbon and Washington.
Here are some videos:
TIMES SQUARE, NEW YORK:
PUERTA DEL SOL, MADRID:
There are hundreds and hundreds more of cities with protests. Let me end by a Catalan town of about 100.000 citizens called Tarragona. They won yesterday the hosting of Mediterranean Games 2017. The same day, however, about 10.000 took to the streets to protests. A lot of people for a city like Tarragona:
- October 15th United for #globalchange (occupysavannah.wordpress.com)
- Who Is Afraid of the Protest? (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- Occupy protests spread to cities around the world (cnn.com)
- Occupy protests spread around globe (edition.cnn.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Protests Go Global (huffingtonpost.com)
- VIDEO: ‘Occupy’ protests go worldwide (bbc.co.uk)
- Got protests? A call to action for Occupy Wall Street, groups worldwide (csmonitor.com)
- Oct. 15th: The Global Revolution Has Begun (theramblingsofateenagegirl.wordpress.com)
- OWS wrapping the planet (rt.com)
- October 15: Unite For Global Change (travelbetweenthepages.com)
- Wall Street Sit-In Goes Global Saturday (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Rome clashes mar global day of protests (heraldsun.com.au)
- NY protests move to Times Square (bbc.co.uk)
- Occupy Protests Spread Around the World – Unrest in Rome – Pizzaland Goes Ballistic (bonjupatten.wordpress.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Protests Go Global, Violence Erupts in Rome (shoppingblog.com)
- Occupy Wall Street roundup, Day 29 (dailykos.com)
- Occupy protests against capitalism spread around world (guardian.co.uk)
- More arrests as Occupy Wall Street protests enter 30th day – CNN International (news.google.com)
- Anti-Greed Demos Go On Amid Global Protests (news.sky.com)
- Wall Street Protests Spread Globally as Rome Turns Violent (jhaines6.wordpress.com)
- Wall Street Protests Spread Globally, With Rome Violence, Calm Elsewhere (europebiz.wordpress.com)
- Global anger at ‘greed’ (theage.com.au)
- Police with horses charge protesters at Occupy Wall Street + Occupy Rome protest turns violent (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)