It may seem to soo to have a faq about a new island but islands are not born each day so I would like to answer questions before the island is born!
1. WHO WILL DECIDE THE NAME OF THE NEW ISLAND?
I have no idea. I sugest that people in EL HIERRO open a website so that people around the world have a say. It would be a very good way to promote tourism to EL HIERRO.
2. WHEN WILL WE HAVE THE ISLAND IN PLACE?
I have no idea. I just dream that we have it in some weeks!
3. WHEN WILL HUMANKIND ABLE TO VISIT THE ISLAND?
I also have no idea but to be the first to put a foot in a new island must be something very special. Maybe EL HIERRO AUTHORITIES could make some kind of worlwide charity so that famous people around the globe come to be the first to visit the new island. Anyway, I imagine that in order to visit the new island it must get cold and also it must not move!
4. WILL THE NEW ISLAND BE FULL OF NEW HOUSES?
Let’s hope not! I just wish that this new island was a kind of experiement so that no man could go to it so that it remain virgin forever.
5. HOW BIG AND HIGH THE ISLAND BE?
Well, i imagine that much smaller than EL HIERRO. But let me just guess! Let’s say than less than 10 thousand squared meters. About the height I imagine it not to be very high. Let’s say 30 meters high … I know it is non-sense to imagine all this but I find so strange that I can imagine a new island that is coming to live!
6. WILL GOOGLE UPDATE ITS MAPS?
I imagine that yes and quite soon! The new island will get so famous (could it be called LA FAMOSA?) that Google will need to have a right map with the new island.
7. WHO WILL BE THE FIRST BEINGS OF THE ISLAND?
Myabe a fly? Maybe a little bird? No idea really.
8. WHICH WILL BE THE OFFICIAL CURRENCY OF THE NEW ISLAND?
It will be the euro! That’s the reason why I am serious when I say that the new island should be called EURO! We do not know for how longs the euro will last (nowadays nobody knows …) but one thing is for sure: this island was born at the time we had euros. I cannot imagine a better name for the island. Anyway, the eurozone is now in a gloomy situation but it can say proudly that a new island adds to it!
9. IS THE ISLAND NOT IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS?
Well, as I’m writing this I just have read that a new volcano is being born under the water so let wait and see. There is not island yet! If the volcano is not stronge enough we may not even have the island! Anyway, if we get an island I think that it is not in international waters. I just wonder what would happen if a new island is born in international waters? Who the owner would be?
- New Possible Names for the New Island Next to El Hierro (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- A Name for a New Island (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)
- A New Volcano Is Born (trenhoteleuropa.wordpress.com)