These last decades different countries of Europe have been losing power. There was a time that the planet was full of European colonies. Fortunately, that time was over. But Europe continued being an important part among the world community.
But each day I see Europe weaker and weaker while I sea each day China, Brazil and India stronger.
It is obvious that the things change and it is absurd to imagine that Europe must always be a big player in the international arena. The Roman empire was a very important empire but it ended. So maybe the future of Europe is just pure decadence.
I am happy that other countries around the world are having better conditions than before but I am worried that Europe ends too badly. One thing is that other countries become more important and another is that Europe falls apart.
If we only could keep something of the things we have yet …
- How did the decline of the byzantine empire correlate with the growth in power and prestige of the holy roman empire in western Europe (wiki.answers.com)
- Cummins chief: U.S. and Europe ‘may be in recession’ (cnn.com)
- Carrefour, Europe’s biggest retailer, sounds the alarm over the economy (guardian.co.uk)
- Chinese banks fight for deposits (cnn.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: Populist Financiers Supporting Protesters Is Part of the Problem, Not the Solution by Finian Cunningham (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)