When I think about Leonard Cohen I just want to cry. About twenty years ago I listened to his music in one of the most wonderful places I had been. It was in the countryside. A very beautiful countryside with just some trees next to a river and fields and fields and blue mountains far way. I just left a little village and I went to another village through a path among the deserted fields. It was one of my most wonderful times alone ever. I was surrounded by the enormous sky, the enormous fields and surrounded by far away mountains. And I was just listening to the music of Leonard Cohen. It was unforgettable. Each time I remember those songs I see those empty fields and the solitude of walking from one village to another. I also remeber the people that lived at that time and that now is gone. For ever.
The soundtrack of these solitary fields was the one of Leonard Cohen’s songs. I wonder if Suzanne is still walking through those fields.
I would like to put a video with some of this songs of Leonard Cohen but it is years since the last time I was hard enough to listen to them. They are too sad for me to listen to them and I can’t listen to them now because I want to keep them as the soundtrack of my past. If I returned to that countryside I will listen to the songs again. Thanks Leonard!
- Leonard Cohen: New Album in 2012 (jambase.com)
- Leonard Cohen to Release a New Album Next Year (artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Leonard Cohen Old Ideas Coming Next Year (stereogum.com)
- Leonard Cohen Old Ideas for new Album (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Leonard Cohen’s New Album ‘Old Ideas’ Due in 2012 (spin.com)
- You can’t stop Leonard Cohen, you can only hope to contain him (vol1brooklyn.com)
- Leonard Cohen Announces New Album (pitchfork.com)
- Leonard Cohen’s next album will be called ‘Old Ideas’ (ctv.ca)
- Leonard Cohen has Old Ideas for new album, out next year (guardian.co.uk)
- New Leonard Cohen album coming in 2012 (cbc.ca)