“One of the days that I remember less well was that historic day when the euro collapsed. I remember I was in a gondola through a small chanel in a quite desert part of Venice when somebody shouted from a window: “mamma mia, e alhora que faccio con mio euro? Marcello!”. I just wake up and then I realized that all had been a nightmare. I was in Tiergarten in Berlin and somebody had just thrown a euro to a litle lake. As the euro went down I remember that euro that fell me at the top of the Eiffel tower in Paris. I remember that when I went down a look for it behind the tower but I could not find it.
Anyway, today they have told on tv that the euro has collapsed. Thousands of people are going into the banks. They want to changed their euros if possible. Somebody askes the cash counter if it could change the euros for dollars or for pounds. The cash counter smiles and says: I would be happy to change your euros to dollars and pounds but as everybody knows it is almost 50 years ago since the US went bankrupt and since then they used the Chinese yuan. The pound it is almost 70 years that disappeared when the UK made an agreement with the Emirates so that now the UK have a sponsored currency currently called Fly Emirates.
– Wake Up! Wake Up! Giulia! Wake Up!
– My euros, my euros! Where are my euros!
– Giulia! You are having a nightmare! Your euros are longer gone. Like all the othe rcurrencies. Now you jst see them and the credit cards in museums!
– Oh, yes, it is true! It was our grand father the last one in the family who used coins. He always was very proud that he had seen the birth of a currency and the death of unhuman communism and unhuman capitalism.”
- Euro Hovers Before Euro Meetings (online.wsj.com)
- Merkel rebuffs Sarkozy on euro zone solution (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- The Australian economy is going well. For now. (thepunch.com.au)
- Don’t Look Now, But the German Parliament Just Tied Merkel’s Hands in EFSF Negotiations (blogs.wsj.com)
- EU crisis straining Franco-German ties (business.financialpost.com)
- Merkel rebuffs Sarkozy on EU fix (business.financialpost.com)