Now also the daughters can be queens if they are the first ones. Not necessary to be a boy. The only condition is that you are the son or daughter of a previous queen. Quite a democratic way, anyway … for a head of state.
Anyway, we are all born equal, aren’t we?
And anyway, for those of us who have not to pay to the UK monarchy should not worry about the continuity of the expending. Unfortunately in Barcelona I also have a monarchy to feed with my taxes.
- Gillard backs change in royal succession rule (theage.com.au)
- U.K. To Change Royal Succession Law (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Eldest child ‘will get the throne’ (thesun.co.uk)
- The Edge of Union….Scotland ? (historyguys.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: Talks to change 300-year royal laws (bbc.co.uk)
- Going Gaga for Queen Elizabeth (online.wsj.com)