It seems that the next president of Spain will be Mariano Rajoy. So, as he will have to interact a lot with our euro partners I wonder how many languages Mariano Rajoy speaks! Strange as it may seem I imagine that if Mariano Rajoy could speak German maybe this would be good for Spain. I don’t mean to speak perfect German but just to understand a little bit. To speak French could also be a good thing.
As far as I know Rubalcaba (the one form the left who won’t win according to polls) speaks English, French and a bit of German.
These of the languages of out politicians sometimes is a mystery. I received a lot of searches related to the language used between Sarkozy and Merkel.
- Job-hungry Spaniards seen electing center-right (seattlepi.com)
- Spain anger over an economic crisis spilled into the streets (hazimiai.wordpress.com)
- Mariano Rajoy: master of ambiguity who is likely to become Spain’s PM (guardian.co.uk)
- Spain holds TV election debate (bbc.co.uk)
- The end of Spain’s foolish ‘renewables’ flirtation? (junkscience.com)
- Spanish conservatives head for power by default (guardian.co.uk)
- Spain: victims of hard times | Editorial (guardian.co.uk)
- Eurozone economy close to stall speed amid debt crisis (independent.co.uk)
- Will Spain Be the Next Greece? (slate.com)