If I was Mariano rajoy I would meet Angela Merkel as soon as possible! If Merkel came to Spain that would seem weird now and we would have the feeling as if Spain was a colony of Frau Merkel. On the other hand if Rajoy goes to Berlin it would seem that Rajoy is just a pupil from Angela.
So maybe the best would be that both meet as ssom as possible in a land that it is in the middle!: France!
In this way, Rajoy would be seen with Sarkozy and Merkel and the eurozone would have three faces. Three elected faces! We are in a very difficult situation (the yields today are incredibly high!) so Rajoy must “travel to Europe” as soon as possible!
Sarkozy, Merkel and Rajoy are both politicians from parties from the right! Could not this help them meet too?
- Spanish limbo worsens debt crisis (guardian.co.uk)
- Spain’s new government faces first test – Reuters (reuters.com)
- Spanish debt crisis worsening despite Mariano Rajoy election victory (100gf.wordpress.com)
- The Spanish have a new PM..elected this time..makes a change eh? (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- Reuters Video: Spain’s Rajoy wins by wide margin (englishblog.com)