Things happen so quickly that what yesterday was a country maybe two next day. Or at least this seems to happen in Mali where the north has now declared independence.
It is decades since I realised that one of my favourite monuments of the planet is not in old Europe, America, Asia or Australia or even Egypt. It is in Mali or Benin. I am not sure where it is but recent photos from Tombuctu make me think that the monument is maybe not just one but more than one or that maybe I am mistaken and the monument it is only in Tombucty. Anyway, my favourite monument it is in this part of Africa. It is a monument made or earth, brown earth, and reminds me of castles made in the beach. I prefer this building to any building I have ever seen in Barcelona or elsewhere.
If Azawad receives recognition and its independence gives its fruit then a new state will be born and in that state they will have one of the most beautiful monuments I have ever dreamt. I just hope, that whatever it happens there is peace in this part of the planet. I just wish to all people related to this conflict to find a solution so that whatever it happens with mali or Azawad, lives are saved.
- Tuaregs set up Azawad state in northern Mali (laaska.wordpress.com)
- Mali rebels declare independence of Azawad nation (scotsman.com)
- Mali: Independence for the Azawad? (sahelblog.wordpress.com)
- Mali’s Tuareg rebels declare independence (thehimalayantimes.com)
- ‘We, the people’: Tuareg rebels in Mali declare new state of Azawad (worldnews.msnbc.msn.com)
- Torn in two: Tuaregs declare independence from Mali (rt.com)
- Mali’s Tuareg Rebels Declare Independence After Military Coup (inquisitr.com)
- Mali’s Tuareg Rebels Declare Independence (abcnews.go.com)