One upon a time there is a glorious land called Greece where you had the Olympic Games and you have a wonderful Parthenon with amazing sculptures.
This summer to enjoy the Olympic Games and those wonderful sculptures you do not need to go to Greece. You just need to go to London.
If this summer Greece is finally outside the eurozone one could say that now not only London is enjoying the Games that were born in Greece, the sculptures that were made in Greece. You also could say that city and its speculators have also succeeded through its power and through its media to sink the current currency of Greece.
Anyway, I still love London very much. A city that has so jewels as the Elgin marbles will be always one of the most wonderful cities of the world.
- The Parthenon marbles are not ours. They belong in Athens (guardian.co.uk)
- Olympic torch handed over to London delegation (mnn.com)
- Greece Passes Olympic Flame to London (theepochtimes.com)
- British-style weather fails to dampen Athens handover of Olympic flame (guardian.co.uk)
- Stephen Fry lends support to Greek calls to return Elgin marbles to Athens (rawstory.com)