As the Olympic Games in London 2012 are aproaching it is sure that somewhere in the planet we will hear about a boycott for the Olympic Games. I am sure that a lot of different reasons could be found in different places to boycott the games. I would like to say that I won’t boycott the games but as you never know what may happen the weeks before the games I cannot be sure what I will do. But I know one thing for certain. When I write this post I don’t see any reason why I should boycott the Olympic Games in London.
It is true that the Olympic games are related to Greece and that the the British Museum has the Elgin marbles from Greece but I do not think this is enough to boycott the games. Let alone when is thanks to the British Museum that I fell in love with Greek glorious past when I saw those incredible marbles. One reason why I may feel obliged to boycott the games has connection with the euro. If the euro collapses and the UK closes its doors to Greek people and other people from the eurozone I may feel that a boycott could be done.
But the things should go terrible wrong for me to boycott the Olympic Games in London because London is one of my favourites cities! I am very happy that the Olympic Games take place in London. In fact it is wonderful that they take place near the eurozone so that you can go there and at the same time no eurozone country has to pay for the game (and neither win any revenues …) So, for now I don’t think I should boycott the Olympic Games in London. Just the opposite! I have been watching websites related to the games and the British people are been very British in the way they are acting! They even have a webpage so that you know in advance how to move through London during the Olympic and Paralympic Games.
So, for now I wish the best for Stratford! It looks gorgeous in Google Maps!
- Glasgow unveils giant Olympic rings ahead of torch relay (scotsman.com)
- FFC president says Longo can ride Olympic Games if she qualifies (velonation.com)
- Historical records map the troubled history of the Olympic Games (thisislondon.co.uk)
- Dellavedova looks to impress at Aussie Olympic team camp (smcgaels.wordpress.com)
- Olympics 2012 Schedule 5.0 (Android) (downloads.zdnet.com)
- Rebecca Adlington to quit Twitter during Olympics (itv.com)
- Indian Activists Urge London Olympics Boycott, Demand Bhopal Tragedy Reparations (ibtimes.com)
- London 2012 Olympics: half of Games security workers hired from local boroughs (thisislondon.co.uk)
- Olympic Games spectators will be charged more than £7 for a pint of beer (guardian.co.uk)