I am convinced, very convinced, that the British are one of the most prepared people to host the Olympic Games. You only have to go to the UK and see how organised is everything to acknowledge that we can be quite sure that that Olympic Games are in good hands.
You have to add to that that London will host the Olympic Games for its third time! No other city has had such privilege yet.
But there is one thing now that may bring the Olympic Games to a total disaster: A possible break down of the tube during the Olympic Games!
As you may know the tube in London is one of the more extensive networks of the world and for sure the oldest. This may be the cause why the tube may break down.
It is not the same to replace a few not very old system that a system that has a lot of miles and it is so old.
Yesterday there was a flood in Stratford and part of the Central line is closed. Stratford is not just a lost station somewhere in London. Stratford is the station next to the Olympic venues! Overground, DLR, Jubilee line and Central line bring you to Stratford.
As the British are very organised there is even a webpage to prepare yourself for the Games in advance! It tells the possible disruption at the tube stations at different times. it tells you if a lot of people could be there at a time. What I mean is that if something goes wrong I won’t blame the British much for that because I have the feeling they are doing an incredible job to prevent any disruption!
Let’s hope that the tube works during the Olympics. If not then I hope that the oldest underground of the worlds heads to be also the most modern in the future.
- Updated with pictures: More London Underground misery as burst water main cripples Central Line (thisislondon.co.uk)
- Olympics 2012: tube flood raises fears over London’s transport system (guardian.co.uk)
- More London Underground misery as burst water main cripples Central Line (thisislondon.co.uk)
- 2012 Olympics will be streamed live on YouTube in Asia and Africa (ubergizmo.com)
- London 2012: YouTube to stream live Olympic coverage to 64 countries (digitaltrends.com)
- TfL Publish Tube & Train Stations to avoid during Olympic Games (london-underground.blogspot.com)
- Free wi-fi Tube stations named (bbc.co.uk)
- McDonald’s Rewards Best Employees With Opportunity to be Part of the London 2012 Olympic Games (prweb.com)
- YouTube will live stream HD Olympics coverage to 64 territories in Asia, Africa (engadget.com)
- London 2012 Games Live Stream On YouTube (it-sideways.com)
- UK News: 50 days and counting to Olympics (walesonline.co.uk)
- London 2012 Summer Olympic to be streamed into 64 Asian and European Countries on YouTube (magnaefamae.com)