Maybe in some years we speak about the euro as just the official currency of just Germany while the rest of the eurozone is in total disarray. Maybe in some years we speak of Scotland as a new state of Europe and even maybe of the European Union if this last does not break up after the eruozone breaks up.
And now it could happen too that Jersey becomes independent too.
So what is going on?
It must be quite disturbing for somebody in London: you know that in some years your island could be home of two states, Jersey could become another state in Europe and mainland Europe could break up due to the eurocrisis.
It almost seems as if Gibraltar and The Falklands were the only lands to remain as they are!
- Scottish independence: ‘Uncertain’ five years following Yes vote (scotsman.com)
- Germany’s ‘self-interest’ could ruin Eurozone, warns Soros (theweek.co.uk)
- Taming the danger from Europe (japantimes.co.jp)
- Jersey threatens UK split over tax scrutiny: report (france24.com)
- Jersey threatens to break with UK over tax backlash (guardian.co.uk)
- Alistair Darling: English unlikely to want currency union with independent Scotland (telegraph.co.uk)
- Scotland demands a vote on leaving EU (express.co.uk)
- ‘No’ campaign launches with law fear (scotsman.com)
- Call for Jersey’s independence (independent.co.uk)
- Jersey threatens to break with UK over tax backlash (osdsc.wordpress.com)