This hurricane Sandy reaching New York has brought me back my fascination for this city. And if you add to that the attraction of a hurricane I have all i need to write this.
Here I just will put some links to pages I visit as I try to gather information. This post is mainly for my personal use but anyone can read it too.
Here is a link to a map where you can see evacuation zones:
I am also reading of course so obvious sites as http://www.nyt.com
Some of the Zemanta related links can be also interesting.
I also have found a link to Hurricane SANDY Public Advisory:
About the transport and alerts I have found this link of MTA:
http://alert.mta.info/ I read that closing start on Sunday 7 pm. The underground will be closed, no buses and so on. This seems so exceptional.
At http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/ one can see Times Square live from a webcam.
- NY Mayor Bloomberg Orders Zone A Evacuation, School Closures In Advance Of Hurricane Sandy (timesunion.com)
- wnyc: Embeddable Resources from WNYC ahead of Hurricane… (shortformblog.com)
- This Is The Scariest Thing I’ve Seen About Hurricane Sandy (businessinsider.com)
- Hurricane Sandy update. (anthonyvioli.wordpress.com)
- Watch: Where Will Hurricane Sandy Hit and What to Expect (abcnews.go.com)
- 16 nuclear plants in Hurricane Sandy’s potential path (occupytvstations.com)
- Hurricane Sandy: Nearly 400,000 people to be evacuated from New York as city braces itself for huge storm (mirror.co.uk)
- Hurricane Sandy projected path halts Google’s Oct 29 event (product-reviews.net)
- NYC yet to issue Hurricane Sandy evacuation order (itv.com)
- NewsWatch: Hurricane Sandy may force evacuations in NYC (marketwatch.com)